India

"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Thursday, January 27, 2011

March 2010 - 15 months of waiting

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him." Isaiah 30:18

I love this verse. The Lord knows my (Michelle) passion. My heart for children that He has formed. Who would have ever thought I would love children so. He knows my heart for mercy and compassion - my longing to adopt a child. I praise the Lord that He loves and cares for orphans more than I ever could! His ways are perfect as we wait upon Him to give us the means to adopt. I do not need to take on the responsibility of the "how to" - but just to trust in Him. I pray He gives me that increased faith. I know He will provide the way in His perfect timing. I give Him my longings and desires, my aches and heart of mercy that he has put in me and I lay it all down at His feet. I pray He will make a way, provide what we would need to care for a child, give Joseph a burden to adopt as well. I am so thankful that God longs to show compassion, He longs to be gracious to us - His timing is perfect. Help me continue to wait upon Him - to be blessed because we waited on the Lord. I would never want to adopt apart from His perfect guidance, timing and provisions. Help me to trust in Jesus as I wait.
"Don't fret - God is waiting for trust. Faith IS the victory!" Beth Moore

"It is tough being a woman who can balance passion with patience." Beth Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment