India

"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy Birthday !

"Seek justice, reprove the ruthless, defend the orphan, plead for the widow." Isaiah 1:17

Today is my 35th birthday and the Lord has heard my cries and my prayers. The Lord has spoken to Joseph in a way that cannot be dismissed. Tying his heart to God and all the ways He has been moving in him the past 4 years through the Tozer books he was reading. Giving him "his reason" to adopt. Joseph shared he felt a burden for the first time to adopt, an answered prayer he had been praying for the past 2 years. What a sweet birthday present my God has given me!

I have grown so much these past 2 years of waiting...
  • Trusting that I really did hear God's voice even when everything looked impossible. It took a long time, I would question myself at times but every time I would hear the Lord speak into my heart that - yes He had given me this burden. Don't lose faith or trust in His promises to me - wait on Him - wait on His perfect timing.
  • I continued to learn to cast my pain unto Him, learn from Him, take His yoke and let Him carry my burden.
  • To not give up, not lose hope. Trust in Him alone, His power is greater than all I could imagine. Wait for the work God was doing in myself, in Joseph, in our kids, with the child He has chosen for us.
"Don't fret - God is waiting for trust! Faith is the Victory!" Beth Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment