India

"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Friday, January 28, 2011

August 2010 - 20 months of waiting

"The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9

This morning I woke up early and wide awake. I felt like the Lord was calling me to spend time with Him. I went to what I had been reading - Matthew 18 and read about the Lord's great love for children. "Whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me." Matthew 18:5 Our children have been entrusted to us - the Lord's heart is that not one of them will perish. If He desires us to adopt than He is entrusting a child to us. It is our ministry to bring them up to know God personally and not to perish. What a great responsibility raising children when I think of them being entrusted to us and His desires for them to know and love Him with all their hearts. I feel like the Lord is continuing to speak to me about adoption. It is not only about a desire for another child, to help a child in need, to bless our family. It is because the Lord would be entrusting her/him to us so we can teach her/him about the Lord, care for them with God's love and pray that they would come to know Jesus as their Savior and not perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment