It has been a long journey over the past 5 years of prayer and waiting upon the Lord in the passion He has put upon our hearts to adopt. As many of you know, after 3.5 years of desiring to adopt from Ethiopia the Lord redirected our steps and our hearts to India. To help others know more of our story of adopting we posted some of the process we have been through these past years and the process we are in now...hope you enjoy and this journey brings all glory to our God!
India
"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Learning ASL !
Christmas Songs in ASL - Learning Together!
As we continue to wait for our adoption of our little girl we have been trying to learn a new language! Jessica, Daniel and I are in a weekly ASL class and we have been teaching Luke and Joseph a little at home afterwards. I have definitely experienced how it is much more difficult to learn a new language the older I have gotten! I am filled with so much joy and amazement when I see Daniel and Jessica pick it up so quickly and they have been an amazing blessing to me as I lean on them to learn at their pace! This past week we had a Christmas Party with our ASL class and the Advanced class where we invited friends and family and performed Christmas songs. It was scary and fun all at the same time to perform in front of others, but I loved experiencing it with my kiddos. Jessica and I signed "Silent Night" together and Daniel signed "Joy to the World". Then as a class we signed "Away in the Manger." Learning ASL has definitely been a challenge at times but we know it will be so worth it to help us in the beginning times of connecting with our daughter as she learns to communicate and bond with us. Please continue to pray that the Lord would prepare us for the future He has in store for our family with our little girl and pray that we would receive the final approval soon! The wait is excruciating at times but we are continuing to learn to trust in Him during this preparation season.
No comments:
Post a Comment