December 17th... 8 more days until Christmas. It's Christmas Time again but your not home. This will be the 4th Christmas since we have started this journey of adoption and the 4th Christmas we wished and wondered what it would be like to have our little daughter with us celebrating this season. Since being matched with our precious one this past March we really were praying that we would have her home by Christmas, so there is a discouragement and sadness in all our hearts as we celebrate once again another Christmas without the child God has for us. The processes and approvals continue to take longer than normal, but we have learned through these years this adoption journey is a roller coaster and to hold on for the ups and downs continuing to trust the Lord has it all in His hands. Please pray with us we would receive the final approval we are waiting on. We were "suppose" to receive it weeks ago, but are continuing to wait. After this approval we wait for a affidavit to sign and then wait for a court date and TRAVEL! We are continuing to pray those steps would not take excruciating long as well. A dear friend sent me this song yesterday and even though it makes me cry each time I hear it - It is a wonderful song that touches us. Merry Christmas Little One! Next Christmas we will all be together....
"But half a world away I hang
The stockings by the fire
And dream about the day
When I can finally call you mine...
It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in His arms
And tell you from my heart, I wish you a Merry Christmas. " Third Day - Merry Christmas

No comments:
Post a Comment