and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.” Lamentations 3:21-24
“therefore I will hope in him.” Lamentations 3:21-24
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life." Psalm 143:8
Wow, it has been a LONG time since I have updated this blog. It has been hard to find motivation to do much more of anything than what is needed (taking care of the kids, schooling, daily activities). On July 24, 2012 my dad and stepmom were taken from our lives in a car accident in Mexico. The 5 months following that have been a complete blur and an emotional roller coaster that I have been holding on to daily. To lose someone you love deeply so abruptly, without a chance to say goodbye, is a hard place to be. Dashed hopes, plans for the future gone, words not yet spoken that you wish you had said, longing for one more hug and kiss, feeling so raw in emotions. Absolute shock, denial, anger, confusement and grief rotating through my body in cycles. It has been a hard road that I know will continue. I am thankful for the moments of joy. My amazing husband who is so tender and compassionate through all my emotions, drawing me out of my shell and helping me take steps to heal. My 3 blessings - it is hard to be sad when you see their faces of laughter and fun throughout your day.. their hugs and prayers...their unconditional love to me. I have felt cared for and loved by many people - truly experiencing the Lord's love through those around me.
I love that the Lord promises His love never ends...His mercies are new every morning! He is faithful, He is my portion and He alone brings me hope in this fallen world. I cling to these promises and others in the days that are dark and when my emotions are raw.
Adoption - what is new with our journey the Lord called us on in adoption? I know many have asked and many wonder where we are at. Well, we are in the same place.... Waiting. We are still praying and waiting for the child the Lord will bring into our family. We are hopeful that 2013 will be the year! We recently updated all our USCIS paperwork (medical reports, homestudy, fingerprints, etc..) because they only last 18 months and then need to be updated. So, we have been waiting "Officially" about 18 months. Unbelievably longer than we were told or could have imagined, but we know the Lord's ways are perfect. I know with the passing of my dad and stepmom it would have been hard to be in the midst of the adoption - so I know His timing is perfect. There are many factors that are causing the wait to be so long. The main ones beyond Ethiopia not running like the US does - is that they are really reorganizing their system there.. preventing unethical practices, a lot more paperwork on the children in the orphanage, investigating orphanages and agencies. Good things, just slow.
Thank you for continuing to pray for us and with us as we await our adoption. It is hard to wait and hard to understand the "whys" of life - but we have entrusted our lives to the Lord and know He is in control and will give us the peace and strength we need for each day as we live in a world that is not our true home.
Michelle,
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you and your family!
Love,
Erika