Sorry I have been so bad keeping this blog up to date... Busy with the kiddos, homeschooling, ministry, life... Many excuses..but to be honest the main reason is because it is depressing. Nothing new to report... Going on almost 11 months of waiting, still about #12 on the waiting list...holding on to hope.
There are "logical" reasons as to why it is taking so long (ET going through changes, becoming more ethical in making sure adoptions are legit, our agency not partnered with many orphanages because of their desire to only partner with ethical orphanages) A lot of really good reasons we are glad this adoption is being done right - but our Lord is so much bigger than all this. In the midst of all the issues there are children dying of hunger, medical needs, sleeping on the street without a home or family to care for them...and there are families who want to help. The Lord put it on our hearts, called us to enter this adoption roller-coaster, provided all the resources we need and has paved the way...but now we wait and wait. It is hard to not cry out and continuely ask "Why is this taking so long? Move Lord, show Your power. You can make this move so much faster if You willed it!". But all I continue to hear is "trust".
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you...He who trusts in the Lord, lovingkindness shall surround him. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones; and shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart." Psalm 32:8, 10-11
I am reminded His eyes are upon us, His eyes are upon our little girl in Ethiopia, He has not forgotten us...He will lead and counsel. Lovingkindess shall surround us as we TRUST in Him. I will choose to be glad and rejoice, shout for joy to He who is faithful. As our blog is called...waitingfortrust...little did I realize this journey would continue to be all about that. Others warned us to be prepared for the roller-coaster of emotions and frustrations...I thought we were immune to it :). But I am taking each day reminding myself that He is in control, He has greater purposes for this waiting time, and to trust. It is what our lives are to be all about...trusting in Him alone.
It has been a long journey over the past 5 years of prayer and waiting upon the Lord in the passion He has put upon our hearts to adopt. As many of you know, after 3.5 years of desiring to adopt from Ethiopia the Lord redirected our steps and our hearts to India. To help others know more of our story of adopting we posted some of the process we have been through these past years and the process we are in now...hope you enjoy and this journey brings all glory to our God!
"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment