India

"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Continuing to Wait....

We are almost to 8 months of waiting... I never would have thought we would have to wait this long. Unfortunately it has been quite a while since there have been any referrals with our agency... so we are still about #12 on the waiting list. Frustrating at times for sure.I tried not to be discouraged as Christmas and New Years came and went. I had been praying for a referral by Christmas.I find myself clinging to His peace beyond understanding, not the world's peace or understanding but trusting in Him to work within me and not let my heart to be troubled during this time.  "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

A huge answer to prayer is that we received another amazing grant!   Tears filled my eyes when I learned of the grant and I continue to praise the Lord for His faithfulness to us.  Having the funds we need is a huge answer to prayer and a tremendous fulfillment of what I knew the Lord to say in the beginning of this process.  Way back in 2010 when I was seeking the Lord in tears almost every day for a leading on whether to adopt or not I heard Him answer.  One of the undeniable answers I heard was to not worry about the funds... that He would provide all we need if we take this step of faith.  The money needed to adopt would not be the difficult part of the journey (which is hard to believe)!  This has been so true in amazing ways and my emotions soar as I think upon His faithfulness and fulfillment to the promises He made to us.  We have felt so much support and encouragement and love from friends, family and those around us.

So, we are ready...beginning to get the shots we need for traveling.. researching travel agencies for plane tickets.. a bunk bed awaits in Jessica's room...clothes are stored in the garage ranging from 3-6 years of age...hearts are ready...   We continue to wait and pray as a family for the girl who will soon (I hope) bless our family.

 Christmas Lights with Nana

1 comment:

  1. Love and respect you Michelle and Joseph. Praying and trusting the Lord with you. Hugs, Karen and tom

    ReplyDelete