Hurray! We received our finalized, approved and notarized copies of our official homestudy on Monday! Sent them off to WACAP and now our dossier is almost complete! Such a huge step completed..took longer than I expected. We booked through paperwork, doctor appointments, fingerprinting, reference letters, social worker visits in record time...but then had to wait. The write-up of the homestudy and the approval process took longer than I desired - but I am learning it is out of my control! Next step - WACAP sends our paperwork to the USCIS office and we wait for our I171 approval (which is the U.S saying we are allowed to bring a child into the United States). Then our Dossier is sent to Ethiopia and we begin to wait for a referral.
So, as we wait we are preparing! Having a garage sale (many friends and family have donated items for us to sell!) Memorial Day weekend to raise some funds... beginning to send in grant applications and PRAYING! We still need to raise at least $9,000 to adopt...had some setbacks with financial issues this past month (car batteries dying, Dryer and AC unit gave out on us) but the Lord is always so faithful to take care of us. What an Amazing Lord we serve!
"God is the strength of your heart and your portion forever...but as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works." Psalm 73:26,28
No comments:
Post a Comment