India

"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Friday, April 1, 2011

Trusting in God's Sovereignty

"The sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces..." Isaiah 25:8

What a blessing to be able to pray to the God of the Universe and know with certainty that He not only hears me but cares for me in all the details of life.  As I sat on the couch this evening, discouraged and sad, I began to pray and journal...  As tears formed in my eyes I finished my journal and the verse typed on the bottom of the page was Isaiah 25:8.  God's gentle way of reminding me that He is here, walking with us, providing all we need, caring for me in all things and wiping the tears.  He is sovereign.  Praise God!

The past week and a half have been odd and frustrating for us.  Our dryer breaks down and I find myself doing school with the kids at the laundromat down the street.  Joseph goes to leave early one morning and we find his car battery is dead and beyond repair.. the next day my battery dies in the van and is beyond repair...  How crazy is that!   This as the weather escalates today to the 90s I try to turn on our AC and it doesn't work.  Ugh!!!  God is good through it all in the little ways... providing a connection for a good deal on an older refurbished dryer, both our batteries still being under warranty so the new ones we need to buy are pro-rated, and a friend in the AC business who spends hours at our house today to try and help us for free.  But to no avail - the AC is beyond repair...  what to do about that is another story as the cost of one of those is crazy... glad the temperature is suppose to go down tomorrow a little!  

So, as I hear the outcome of the AC unit my heart sinks and tears fill my eyes as I think about another thing to pay for as we try and save all we can for the adoption our hearts yearn for.  But, I am so thankful that the Lord wipes my tears and reminds me that He is oh so sovereign and to trust in Him.  

"May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you TRUST in Him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Michelle, that is a lot. I am so sorry all these things are happening, and seem like a huge block to what your heart really desires.
    I love you and will continue to pray.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete