India

"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Sunday, October 23, 2011

4 months today...

We have been on the waiting list for 4 months today.  We are still about #15 on the list... the courts in Ethiopia are now open once again.  They close for the months of August and September for rainy season, so everything slows down dramatically then.  There continues to be ups and downs in the process... working with a foreign country, unstable at times.  We have been learning a lot about patience and peace through the waiting times.  Everything is so out of our hands that all we can do is wait and trust in the Lord's hands upon the process. 

Covenants - I have been learning a lot about God's covenants/promises to us through a women's Kay Arthur bible study I am in Tuesday nights.  It has come in a great season of life for us as I continue to meditate on His promises being unchanging and forever.  I am so in awe of His covenant to me as His daughter, the forgiveness of my sins, the righteousness He gives to me.  To never leave me or forsake me, that He is in control.  Those are so reassuring as emotions can change in how circumstances appear. 

"Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm!  Nothing is too difficult for You,..." Jeremiah 32:17

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?"  Jeremiah 32:27

God continues to provide... we received a $3000 grant recently from ShowHope (a great Christian Orphan ministry)!!  We praise God for continuing to provide the resources we need for this adoption.  Thank you for continuing to pray for us during this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment